Saturday 16 February 2008

Fish & creepy things..

I was reading about the ultra-marathoners in the Sunday papers. It is no surprise that most of the runners are either (i) young (ii) single or (iii) married with grown kids. They train at least 4 times a week, all year round. Strenuous training is required in order to complete the 84km (52 mile) run.

It's not easy for people with young kids to find that kind of time for training. When my kids were growing up, I had to pick them up from the daycare centre after work each evening. When we get home, they had to be fed, washed and put to bed. Weekends were spent at the park or at the Montessori school for other lessons. There was simply no time for me to pursue my own interests. Everything revolved around the kids.

Now that they are older, I manage to find time to run after work or during weekends. Even then, how my weekends turn out depends alot on what the kids wanted to do. Yesterday morning, I brought SK to Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve because of his interest in spiders. In the afternoon, I brought YK to World Farm because he wanted to buy some venus fly trap and pitcher plants.

After that, all three of us ended up having late lunch at Fish & Co. At least, that's something all three of us can agree on, FOOD!

While I was running around with the kids, CH (that lucky chap!) managed to do what he enjoys most. He went hiking at Pulau Ubin.

The kilted CH at Pulau Ubin.


SK at Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve.


Lots of migratory birds stop for refuelling at this nature reserve.


The tent spider.


We spotted 4 huge monitor lizards yesterday. This fella scrambled into the swamp when it heard us approaching. It was as fearful of us as we were of him.


A grasshopper.


Mudskipper.

Crab holes.


Praying mantis.

Spider. Not sure what it is. Maybe an orb weaver.

Another monitor lizard.
Now, back to the civilised world...


We had the refreshing passionfruit and cola soda at Fish & Co.


YK had the fish and chips. One of the best ever!

SK and I shared the seafood platter which was filled with shrimps, fish, mussels and squid over a bed of butter rice (which was really flavourful and yummy). I loved the chips so much, I ate up almost all of it.

4 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Wow .. a busy day for you and the kids huh.

And what was CH doing walking around with a skirt?

Blur Ting said...

Yup, it's like that when you have kid around. I just sent YK to Toa Payoh where he's having lunch with friends, after this I'm sending SK for tuition, then pick YK up. In between, I'll be burning calories (hopefully)...

Yah, he enjoys wearing the kilt so much. When he was at Changi V food centre, one macik said "Wah, kilt!" Maybe she meant 'cute' but whatever it is, it makes him happy.

Anonymous said...

damn more food...i wish i was hungry....

yanmaneee said...

ralph lauren uk
hermes handbags
jordan shoes
yeezy supply
russell westbrook shoes
hermes belt
kyrie 5
coach outlet
balenciaga shoes
converse shoes

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...