Thursday 12 January 2012

New beginnings

Just look at Rusty! I wish I could relax like him all day.


Work has been really stressful lately. 2011 was not a very good year for our industry but luckily we had several projects to keep us going. Well, those were the same projects that kept me awake on many nights. As they spill into this year, I am still having sleepless nights.

I am not complaining really as it means we have work to do. On the homefront, there are several milestones. SK did well for his GCE O Levels and will be pursuing his studies. YK is preparing for enlistment in the army and also checking out his options for university education.

As for me, I had a haircut. It has been years since I had a real haircut. I was sad to see inches of my hair being snipped off but my head feels lighter now.

Chinese New Year is just days away and I am not at all prepared. The house is messy and the rug needs to be dry-cleaned. I'm going to make the kids tidy up their rooms while I tackle the rest of the house. Hmmm, I wonder if there is time for me to make pineapple tarts and cookies?

7 comments:

Amel said...

Rusty's one VERY lucky dog. And VERY cute too! :-D

I've forgotten all about CNY he he...hope this year is better for you financially.

GREAT JOB on SK and GOOD LUCK on YK on choosing the right direction for university studies. They'll soon be grown men! Gee...time flies...

Oh, and hope you'll have less sleepless nights this year!!!

My Sinfonia said...

Rusty is so adorable....does chamomile work for your insomnia?

Blur Ting said...

Kelly, no more insomnia. Most of the customers' problems have been resolved on Friday. Thank goodness!

Wen-ai said...

maybe you can get a part-time helper ? Or... bribe ur boys to help spring cleaning? ;) Hopefully you will have time to bake.

Blur Ting said...

Wen-ai - Finished baking! I did pineapple tarts, kueh bangkit (first batch failed, so I did another batch), biscotti, spice cookies, salted egg yolk cookies. I am so cookied out!

Wen-ai said...

You are such a super woman!!! You make me look bad.......

Blur Ting said...

You should see the workmanship of my cookies though. Rustic. And I have only 1 cookie cutter, so everything is one shape. haha

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...