Monday 18 June 2007

Fabulous food and markets

Clockwise from left: Typical breakfast, crepe with sausage and potatoes, frog legs and smoked haddock.

French gastronomy in Provence is very distinctive from the rest of French cuisine. A Mediterranean influence brings recipes with hot spices and seafood. Because of the mountainous country, without the rich farmlands and herds of dairy cattle, Provencal cooking uses very little milk, and goat cheeses are predominant. Garlic, olive oil and olives are the leitmotif, and the abundant herbs are the spirit of Provencal recipes.

How can I resist the desserts? Fresh strawberries, creme brulee and fresh cream with brandied cherries.

From the flea markets in Paris to the farmers’ markets in the small villages of Luberon or Bonnieux, the bountiful display of summer fruits, cheese, wine and knick-knacks never fail to wow us.
Huge selection of olives.
Fresh seafood in Paris.
Wine at affordable prices!
Farmers' market in Gordes (above and below)
Dried lavender.
Cheese in all shapes and sizes.
Flea market finds in Paris

4 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

I'll go crazy for the all the cheeses :)

Unknown said...

What amazing pictures... it's almost like being there. ...thanks

Blur Ting said...

Thanks! I always hope to bring the most true-to-life experience to my readers so that they can see and feel the same wonderful things that I have seen.

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after looking at many of the articles I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely pleased I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!


Have a look at my website ślub

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...