Tuesday 9 December 2008

To Oxford, to Oxford!

I'll be the first to admit that I'll never get admitted to Oxford University but that didn't stop me from visiting Oxford city. Nigel took the afternoon off his busy schedule to drive me there. I can't believe he rejected an offer to study history at Oxford years ago!

Though he did not study there eventually, he was the perfect guide who introduced me to Oxford’s heritage, the colleges and the city's architecture as we explored the city on foot. I left the vibrant city feeling so inspired and youthful again.

By the way, did you know that the car Mini is manufactured in Oxford?







There is such a buzz in the city where young people walked about with a purpose. It was such an invigorating sight for me, I wished I was a student once again.

When I saw the shop, the name registered right away! We grew up using books and dictionaries published by Oxford University Press.


Some of the colleges were simply awesome!

Trinity College - one of the most popular ones in Oxford.

We left when the sky began to darken. I took a train to Bath which is an hour away.

12 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Oxford is a beautiful city.
You've taken some fantastic shots.

Amel said...

WOW...amazing places indeed!!! It'd feel different if I were to go to a college like that he he he...and be lost inside the big, long halls...mmm...

The Real Mother Hen said...

I saw a ghost there, in Oxford, in one of the very old buildings.

Actually, after visiting Oxford, I was so glad that I went to school in America where colleges were new and mighty... I mean, Oxford looks so "worn out" in comparison to universities here.

huier said...

how did you like bath?(i love it!)did you get to visit jane austen centre? honestly..i'm her fan =)

Blur Ting said...

World - The architecture is beautiful indeed.

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Apparently only old universities like Oxford and Cambridge have many colleges within the univerisity. One can really get lost in there!

Blur Ting said...

MH - Oh really? How interesting! I can imagine it must be spooky at night.

Blur Ting said...

Huier - I love Bath but unfortunately I didn't go to Jane Austen Centre. It can get touristy there so I escaped to the quieter side of Bath this time. You wouldn't believe how packed the place was over the weekend. There's a new thermal spa and the queue was so long, almost spilling out of the door into the streets!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Oxford is a lovely city..I've been there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the visit! Your pictures brang memories back!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.

If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!

my web page apple news

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarette brands, smokeless cigarettes, best electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette, ecig, e cigarette

Anonymous said...

smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, ecigs, electronic cigarette reviews

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...