Thursday 4 December 2008

Hello from the dungeon

I am now in London, in my tiny room in the basement with a miniscule bed by the window that looks out to air con compressors. Compared to the one in Hamburg, this looks like a dungeon and feels like a zoo because I keep hearing elephants stomping down the wooden stairs! After a quick lunch of fish & chips across the street, I walked to Kensington Park and a German themed x'mas fair nearby. When the sky started to darken and weather turned nippy, I headed back to my dungeon. What I am really looking forward to is dinner with Flying Pink Elephants at a restaurant nearby. I will be off to Marlow tomorrow to visit my colleagues. I heard Marlow's lovely. If the weather's good, they will drive me to Oxford and Cotswold too.

6 comments:

J@n!ce said...

Your post is so funny.
Hello to you at the dungeon.

I happened to watch a documentary just now showing England with a lot of street performers. They are all talents !!

When will you be back?

Have fun & take care :):)

Amel said...

OHHHHHHHH...sorry to hear about the dungeon. HAVE A BLAST with Flying Pink Elephants (I'm sure you girls will!!!).

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh London is such a rip-off place, it's lucky to even have a dungeon :)

Btw, enjoy the crappy weather for me please. We're into summer-like weather here! This is a strange year.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Wow London! Have fun :D

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Oooh you are such a gadabout at the moment. Funny you are in Kensington. I shall be there next Friday. Have fun in the Cotswolds.

WaterLearner said...

The dungeon stay must be quite experience huh! Wait till you hear the conditions people stay in Burma!! At times, I could not close my mouth when I went around places.

When coming back?

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...