Tuesday 23 December 2008

Crappy night

Just as I was drifting into deep slumber last night, I heard YK's voice. "Rusty shat on your bed!"

It didn't take me long to jump out of bed. Indeed, there were two wet puddles of brown stuff that looked like diarrhea. Oh man, what a crappy time for this to happen!

In my daze, I pulled out the sheet. The stuff had oozed through the sheet onto the mattress protector (thank God for the protector!). I brought them to the bathroom to rinse off the eeky stuff and realised it wasn't shit afterall. It was his vomit which explains why it didn't stink and there were bits of grass in it.

He must be having stomach troubles because I caught him chewing grass during the last 2 days. I notice he does that when he has indigestion. Pets are like babies. We are always cleaning up after their mess no matter what time it happens. Babies grow up but pets don't.

Anyway, I couldn't bring myself to sleep on my bed last night. So I spent the night on the couch which I realise is very comfy. Rusty slept on the rug below, feeling miserable and neglected.

It rained during the night and is still raining heavily this morning. The sheets are now in the washer. I hope the rain stops so that I can go buy a chicken from the market. Remember we're having roast chicken tonight? It's a good thing we're not working today so I can spend time with the kids. SK's school holiday is almost over.

I hope Rusty's stomach is fine now so he can have some chicken tonight without throwing up on my bed again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to laugh but I can't help it...

Burcu said...

Oh, poor Rusty...:(

I am so sorry for him. You know maybe the reason is not only the grass but also cold weather. ( I dunno about the cilimate in singapore but :)) Maybe he got cold and have stomachache. You same thing happens when we get cold, right?

Take care of him... Because he's your family's source of cheer ;)

Hugs

Burcu

Anonymous said...

yeah what is it with that? our dog eats grass too some times. it must a natural healing thing or whatever... hope poor Rusty's better...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

All that crap aside (pun not intended) here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

Blur Ting said...

CH - It sounds funny now but trust me, when you're well asleep in the middle of the night, it is not that funny!

Blur Ting said...

Burcu - Somehow after throwing up, he's perfectly fine again. Thanks for your concern. Merry Christmas!

Blur Ting said...

JY - When I see him chewing grass, I know he's been having stomach troubles. Somehow the dogs know how to heal themselves. Smart right?

Blur Ting said...

Nick - Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!

w said...

ewww...once something like that happened to one of my cats many years ago...the walls were covered with sh...

Poor rusty...hope he is feeling better.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...