Wednesday 17 December 2008

Ordinary

While mum was in the dentist chair, I was wandering around Orchard Road which was packed during lunch hour. There were many buskers along the road. I dropped some change in a busker's hat. He was playing cheerful Christmas songs on the keyboard which injected an air of festivity all around.

Three hours can be difficult to burn if you don't have an agenda in mind. I read some gardening books at Borders, then walked into Isetan supermarket and emerged with nothing. I decided to check out Tang's baking section and ended up buying a muffin pan and measuring cup. Looks like I'll be baking more muffins in future.

Tangs is beautifully decked out in Christmas colours and decor. Check out these cute bunnies and hedgehogs!

A 'lunch hour' sale was going on at Giordano. I bought a pair of black jeans for SK and some clothes for my god daughter. According to her mum, she's growing so quickly, she's probably outgrowing all the baby clothes that I last bought.

When I got back to the clinic, several Japanese patients were waiting to see the dentist. Incidentally, this clinic has several Japanese dentists and a big Japanese clientele. One lady was carrying the same handbag as me. When I was at Borders earlier, one of the staff, a teenage girl at the gift wrap counter, was wearing the same (Fox) skirt as me. Gee, I guess my taste is too ordinary.

4 comments:

The World According To Me said...

You could never be accused of being ordinary Blur!

I like the bunnies and hedgehogs.

The Real Mother Hen said...

3hrs to roam around Orchard Rd will sure mean some shopping, otherwise it just doesn't sound right, and glad that you did :)

Amel said...

Ordinary? You're not ordinary he he he...

Love the bunnies and hedgehogs, too! ;-D

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I agree with the rest, you're anything but ordinary ...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...