Sunday 14 December 2008

So blessed!

My niece Qi asked me during dinner today, "Koo Koo, why haven't you been blogging?"

After giving her a quick rundown of my weekend (chores and more chores), I felt so blessed to have a little ardent reader within my family who eagerly awaits my daily post.

When I start thinking about it, I do have alot to blog about. We were invited to my best friend's house for a BBQ party on Friday. She left for Japan the next day and wouldn't be back until after Christmas, so that was our early Christmas celebration. YK baked a lovely apple pie which garnered alot of praises that night. We had a great time eating and chatting around the table in the garden.

Saturday was spent sleeping in and completing household chores. Then I took a little break and drove the boys to the agro-tech farm to source for marine fishes. We ended up buying nothing but it was a nice little family outing.

I woke up to a rainy Sunday morning but I didn't let the rain stop me from going to the market. I had to refill my refrigerator. Besides, we had a pot-luck lunch party to attend at CH's house. I cooked vongole (clams) pasta, minced meat pasta, salad and bruschetta while YK baked a blueberry pie. Yah, too much pie is making me look like one these days. But I really shouldn't complain or else he will stop baking them!

My brothers, uncle's family and some friends were there. There was alot to eat. My aunt brought lots of satay and fried fritters, my brothers brought cheese and chocolate log cake. Steph brought fried sweet potato pastry and Fion contributed a bottle of red wine. It was a lovely get-together.

Three adorable little ladies at the party.

After lunch, Steph and family popped by our apartment. She used to work with CH but is now my good friend and she came with presents! I am indeed so blessed. Thanks Steph for the lovely gifts! I love them all!

She bought me an elegant quilt set and a surprise gift.

Oh, look! It's a gorgeous tote bag with an attached purse. I love the eco- inspired design and graphics! It's so timely because I have been using my old tote bag to death.

Today my aunt Rosemary gave me a bag of t-shirts and souvenirs from Beijing and lots of chocolates for the kids. She's always so generous! Talking about feeling blessed. My blog reader, Water Learner, mailed me a pendant and bracelet she bought in Burma. She even sent a matching bracelet for CH. Ah, she knows me so well. I love ethnic stuff and it's so kind of her to support the local tribes by buying their products. Thank you very much!

Finally, I must show you what's happening in my garden. The ladys finger plants are finally bearing fruits. They may look a little malnourished but they've recently started flowering and producing tiny ladys fingers.


Aren't they cute!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I echo what you niece Qi said – I was checking your blog whole weekend and disappointed to see no update. But I do realised that you must be very busy after your trip. Good to hear that you had a blissful weekend and wish you a good week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Yep ditto that..but it does take awhile to get back to "normal" after a business trip...believe me..been there...done it! LOL

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I was wondering the same thing too.

And those ladys fingers are going to taste wonderful when you cook them cos there's nothing like growing your own vegetables :D

Blur Ting said...

CKL - Oh, I thought most readers do not catch up on blog reading over the weekends. Now I know you do :-)

Blur Ting said...

JY - Actually I woke up late on Saturday, too late to go to the market. Then I decided to wash the sheets and comforter and that probably too all day!

Blur Ting said...

Nick - It's funny how tiny the ladys fingers are now that I'm growing in an apartment. It will be a tiny harvest.

The other day, I harvested 2 peanuts from my potted peanut plant. I steamed them and they were delicious but to steam only 2 is a big waste of energy so I steamed them together with sweet potato.

Anonymous said...

It was so hot here yesterday (almost 39C) so picnic in the park was cancelled, instead, we stay in, turn up the air-con and madly looking for things to read :-)

Blur Ting said...

My goodness! And I thought Singapore's hot! We've been having nothing but rain.

WaterLearner said...

Back to blogging with a vengence all over again huh :-)

Glad you like the accessories. You got it. I hope to help the local tribes. So many people are so poor there.

The World According To Me said...

Very cute!

I love the ethnic stuff too. Sounds like you had a fab weekend.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Good food, good company, good presents, oh life is good :)

Amel said...

SO MANY blessings!!!!! ;-D I've already gotten several Christmas gifts even though Christmas is not here yet he he he...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...