Tuesday 16 December 2008

Lemon muffins

We have two cartons of milk in the fridge. SK's the only one at home who drinks milk but he's not drinking fast enough. I decided to use some before they expire. The simplest way is to make muffins.

We have no fresh fruits in the house except for some cherries and lemons. Soon, I was mixing flour and juicing lemons. The batter was ready within minutes. I poured them into little aluminium cups and popped them into the oven. I should buy a proper measuring cup instead of using the tiny cup for scooping rice. I could only made 6 muffins when I should be getting at least 12. Oh well.

When I came out from the shower, a delicious smell was already wafting through the house.

The muffins were ready after baking for 20 minutes. They were soft and fluffy, quite lemony, not too sweet and just enough for the three of us.

Since Fish without Bicycle suggested that I should post the recipe, here it is. It's so simple anyone can make this!

1 egg
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk

Put everything together in a bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour in juice of 1 lemon and a teaspoon of grated lemon rind.

In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups plain flour, 3 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt.

Slowly pour in the wet mixture into the flour and stir into a batter. Don't stir too vigorously or the muffins may get too hard.

Pour into muffin cups/tin and bake in preheated over (200 degree Celcius) for about 25 minutes until done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello how r u?
Wow! Those muffins look really yummy :)

Amel said...

Lemon muffin, eh? This inspires me. I should try it someday! ;-D

I can almost smell them, Blur HE HE HE HE...

The World According To Me said...

I think that's one of the best ideas I have heard for using milk - make lemon muffins!

They look yummy.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

They look lovely Blur Ting. You should post the recipe ;-)

Amel said...

OHHHHHH GOODIE!!! There's a recipe, too! I'll write it down and try it later someday ho ho ho...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...