Tuesday, 3 July 2012
Upside down peach cake
It's quite easy to make. If you have peaches growing in your backyard, you'll save a bundle. Peaches are expensive here but still, the delicious result is worth every cent.
1 cup plain flour shifted with 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
5 fresh peaches
1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup water
1. Cream 1/2 cup sugar with butter till fluffy.
2. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla essence.
3. Add in lemon zest and flour.
4. Stir in sour cream.
5. Heat up pan and add in 1/2 cup sugar and water until caramalised.
6. Cut peaches into slices and lay them at the bottom of a casserole dish.
7. Pour caramel over peach slices.
8. Pour batter over the peach slices. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree celcius for about 40 minutes.