Thursday 28 May 2009

A good lunch!

I met EE for lunch at Mana Mana Beach Club, a new cafe along East Coast Beach this afternoon. She bought me a gift from her vacation in Perth and I wanted to buy her lunch but she insisted on paying when the bill came.

We sat in the alfresco cafe, eating, drinking and chatting from 1pm to 5pm. The weather was cool and breezy, the food was good and the company was fantastic! Thanks EE for a most enjoyable afternoon.

The entrance to Mana Mana.

The view from our table.

Fried calamari rings.

Smoked salmon salad.

Escargot in baked cheese.

Nachos served with cheese, pickled chilli and tomato salsa.

Fried chicken wings.

I'm still so stuffed, I don't need dinner tonight. Thank goodness the kids are eating out, I don't even have to step into the kitchen except to feed Rusty.

Guess what EE bought me? A beautiful piece of aboriginal art titled "Platypus in Freshwater' by Leanne Ridgeway. I love the colourful aboriginal artworks from Australia. I'm contemplating whether to spread it on my table top or to hang it on the wall.

6 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

tat's a beautiful piece of art, i'd hang it up. hehehe.....

w said...

Beautiful artwork and those calamari rings look soo delicious :)

J@n!ce said...

Escargot in baked cheese.... I've not tried this combination before. How does it taste like? :) ~~~

I think I would hang up the art :)

Blur Ting said...

Fry - Thanks for the suggestion!

Blur Ting said...

Wen - Yes, it was delicious!!

Blur Ting said...

Janice - The cheese dried up too quickly, so the dish became tough and chewy. I think escargot is best cooked in butter and herbs.

You would hang up too? Hmm, I really should.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...