Friday 26 November 2010

How time flies

Driving home from dinner last night, I spotted a car with the same number plate. My number plate starts with the numbers 37, so I struck up a conversation with CH.

"Did you know that when we first met, you were only 37? Now you're 43. We've been together for 6 years! At that time, I didn't think we could last for a year."

CH said, "Oh??"

"Imagine if we had a child, she would be starting primary one in January. I'm sure we would have a daughter because you have 6 nieces and no nephews!"

Of course CH pooh-poohed my logic. "It has nothing to do with genes lah, it's all random!'

"But still... cannot be so coincidental right?" I said.

"My brother has 3 daughters and my sis has 3, it not that each one has 6."

What started out as a romantic conversation ended up being a scientific one. I ended up saying, "Anyway I'm too old to have kids now."

It has been 6 long years since we first met. We were slim and athletic with a head of natural brown hair. Now that we're kinda pudgy, I'm glad we met when he was 37.

7 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

You're not pudgy. You're womanly and luscious. And CH... from what I see... looks positively skinny.

Amel said...

I agree with petunia. Both of you are NOT pudgy! And CH is definitely more fit than R2, who has a little bit of a belly (which I love) HI HI HI...

Blur Ting said...

Oh, we're definitely pudgier than before!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

I agree with Petunia and Amel.. You aren't pudgy! Not to me... :)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Actually this is quite a positive post in my view - I mean, at least you didn't meet him when he is 75 without any front teeth, and vice verse. The timing is perfect actually.

Sorry CH, I will say having 6 nieces has everything to do with genetics though.

SOUL said...

there is not one ounce of pudge on you-- and you know that! :))

i would like to throw my two cents into the science aspect here tho-- can i? it is actually a proven fact.. the man does "determine" the gender of the baby. some have all girls or all boys -- some get lucky and mix it up a little. don't ask me how they came to that conclusion , but i have heard/read it many times and places.

anyhow blur -- very happy to see you at my place -- just came by to say hello in your corner of the world :))

hope everything is runnin great for you

SOUL said...

RMH--
MOTHA! i miss you! come say hi sometime eh? xo

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...