Tuesday 28 December 2010

Off to Hong Kong

We're leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow. This time, it's just me and YK. I figured he deserves a holiday as he didn't go to Australia with us.

Despite the last minute arrangements, I managed to get flights and decent accommodation. We'll be staying right smack in the busiest part of the city. I suspect the 'Executive Suite' may turn out to be a tiny room.

It will be cold and there's nothing much to do except to shop and eat. Four days of feasting and walking in a really crowded city doesn't sound like my kind of holiday but who knows? It could be a great way to bond with my son. Or we may just end up stepping on each other's toes.

The year is almost over. May the Year of the Rabbit be a hopping good one for you!

7 comments:

JY69 said...

A Happy New Year's to you too... thanks for hopping over to my blog... hope to "see" more of each other in the New Year" Gung Hay Fah Choy!
Don't worry about the trip to HK I bet it will be fun!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Well, the forecast next year for Ox is bad, just like this year, just like the year before last :o

auntielucia said...

HK will be fun. I love the place esp Stanley! Enjoy n safe trip.

@Real Mther Hen: next year is year of the Rabbit, :-D

Malar said...

Happy new Year and Happy holiday to you!

The World According To Me said...

I wish you and your family a happy new year! See you in blog land nexy year! x

Blur Ting said...

Hi everyone! I am in HK right now. The hotel room is very spacious by HK standards. One room for bed and a connecting room with sofa, TV and bathroom.

Will blog when I return.

Auntie Lucia - We're going to Stanley today. I love that place when I first visited years ago, so I am bringing YK there. BTW, Mother Hen is born in the year of the Ox, hence she is referring to her forecast.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Have a great holiday and I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year :D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...