Monday, 5 December 2011

Ageing gracefully (I hope)

I know I am getting old because:

1. I've stopped speeding on the road.
2.I don't wear mini-skirts anymore.
3. I wear light, neutral make-up.
4. I prefer flats to stilettos.
5. I only like shopping for groceries.
6. I don't lose my temper so easily.
7. I am beginning to sound like my mother.
8. I prefer eating simple food.
9. I don't feel so awkward at social events.
10. I no longer do things I dislike, like roller coasters rides.
11. I am in bed by 10pm.
12. I can control my cravings.
13. I am more sympathetic and empathetic.
14. I prefer a quiet, simple life.
15. My sentences often begin with "During those days..."
16. I don't pig out anymore.
17. I've stopped sun-bathing.
18. I've stopped fretting about my grey hair and wrinkles.
19. I often think about retirement.
20. I'm happy and contented.

13 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

goodness gracious me...i can tick a lot of those!

Amel said...

Oh...I can also tick a lot of these he he he...but I think you're aging gracefully. :-D

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

i also tick alot of them, i fink i age prematurely. *WIDE GRIN*

Open Kitchen Concept said...

You definitely are doing it gracefully. 6, 11-18 I dont do.. everything else is a yes check yes check for me! :)

petunialee said...

I thought I was reading about me.

Wen-ai said...

Out of 20, (1) is N.A, I'm still working on (12), (16) and (18). The rest I can totally relate. I'm also growing older!

Blur Ting said...

My SInfonia - That shows you know how to live well!

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Thanks!

Blur Ting said...

Fry - That's the right way to live. It took me so long to get here.

Blur Ting said...

OKC- Haha, I can't imagine you going to bed by 10pm. On some days, I sleep at 9pm. See, I am old!

Blur Ting said...

Petunia - LOL! We're same-same.

Blur Ting said...

Wen-ai - And one more. You can't go to bed by 10pm!

Malar said...

me too!