Thursday 16 April 2009

A happy day

Some days are just happier than others. Days like these don't come very often but they strike you out of the blue.

I received a call from my Italian friend Cesco in the morning. I was just thinking about him especially after reading about the earthquake in Italy. He's been missing in action for months, since I saw him in UK last December, and I was getting concerned. So you can imagine my surprise when I heard his cheery accented voice from somewhere out there.

Well, he is in Chennai at this moment and loving it. Prior to that, he was working on a post-tsunami project in Sri Lanka. He's an anthropologist you see. He's now at the airport waiting for his Japanese girlfriend's arrival. When he saw 'Singapore' flashing on the airport screen, he decided to give me a call. That's Cesco, always thinking about how others are doing. That's why this job suits him to a tee.

We chatted happily for a while. I'm glad things are going well for them. He's heading back to Europe soon where another exciting project awaits. His life is mostly exciting and so colourful like that.

With a hearthy 'Ciao! See you soon!", he was gone and will be out of touch for god knows how long depending on which god-forsaken places he will be working in next.

Fueled by happy vibes, I went about blog hopping. One of my favourite gardeners, who is also a really prolific writer, is growing chamomile seedlings for Blur Ting. For me? She's such a sweetheart! She knows of my failed attempts to grow them from seeds. Thanks Petunia!

To add to my list of happy events, an email came in from Fry. She has offered to come by to my place to teach me the fine techniques of meditation. She's such a cool-cat. I mean, she's doing this amidst her very busy schedule. I'm so privileged.

Another email came in from EE. They're coming in fast and furious now! "Would you be able to babysit EH tomorrow morning?" Why of course! I would be more than happy to babysit my god daughter. I'll bring Rusty along too so they can play together. So yay, I can't wait to see her tomorrow!

And then mum called. She's in high spirits because a long-lost friend came by to visit her yesterday. They went to primary school together donkey years ago. It was a happy reunion for them and I heard a primary school gathering is in the works. Wow, the bunch of grannies is quite happening I must say.

It's 1pm now. The morning has been fantastic so far. YK has gone to Sentosa and SK will go for dinner with his friends after Tae KwonDo class today. Me? I have a date with CH tonight. I love this happy day!

4 comments:

charlie hotel said...

Wow, how do I top a day like that? *Pressure pressure* (o_o)

Blur Ting said...

Well, you started the happy day by cracking me up with your witty jokes!

k@Ye_ said...

Good times are ahead!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

happy blog from happy peeper is dah best!!! =))))

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...