Sunday 9 October 2011

And Poof! She is gone

My friend left yesterday and my life feels so empty now. One week flew by just like that. Quite frightening if you ask me. No wonder the kids grow up so quickly.

The last time she saw my boys, they were still young and chubby. This time, she couldn't stop raving about their built and good looks. I think all young people are good looking especially if they are blessed with clear, unblemished skin and shiny hair.

During the week long stay at my house, she also realised how my daily schedule runs like clockwork the minute I step out of bed. Well, I have to or I will never get anything done before my actual work day begins.

This has also set me thinking about my priorities as a single parent. I often envy friends who dedicate their lives to nurturing their children into top students in elite schools. Sometimes I wish I were a housewife. This is all wishful thinking of course. I'm just happy that my kids had not grown up deprived of most things.

Back to my friend. She has gone to Malaysia to spend time with her mum before flying back to Oregon. YK and I will be heading to Los Angeles next week. He's attending a convention and I'm going because I don't want him to travel there on his own. I'm not looking forward to the long hours on the plane nor the possible jetlag.

I'll try to make this whirlwind trip a worthwhile one, though I have nothing planned yet. It's not exactly my favourite holiday destination but I'll find something to do.

7 comments:

Amel said...

I also didn't get as many chances as I would like to meet my friends during our 3 week trip to Indo. It never feels enough as they're also busy with their life he he he...but it's better than nothing. :-D

Your kids are lucky to have you as a mother, you know? :-D

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Yes, I can imagine how 3 weeks went by just like that. You must be so reluctant to leave your family and friends!

My kids... I think they will finally realise when they become parents themselves.

Wen-ai said...

Have a safe trip!

Petunia Lee said...

You're not just a mother. You're a superwoman!!

Malar said...

You must be an extraordinary person to handle all by yourself! Thumb up to you.
Have a nice trip!

The World According To Me said...

Knowing you, I'm sure you will make your trip worthwhile.

Time flies when you're having fun!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yup, you are a superwoman! You spring into action the moment you wake up. Amazing.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...