Wednesday 12 October 2011

Plagued by back problems

I have been troubled by lower back pain all week. It hurts to sit, lie down or turn around. It even hurts to breathe or drive. If it doesn't go away by this week, how am I going to endure the long flight to USA?

More than 10 years ago, I woke up with such a bad backache that I almost couldn't get out of bed. The problem was resolved after several massage and accupunture treatments.

It's not as bad this time, so I have not resorted to any treatment. Still I'm feeling out of sorts and it's a real pain. I can't walk quickly or make sudden movements, let alone go for my daily run. I can't even keep up with Rusty during his walks.

In fact, I find myself hobbling along with the oldies. I can empathise with them now.

11 comments:

charlie hotel said...

Best to nip it in the butt... I mean bud, with a visit to the doc.

My Sinfonia said...

To help your back, flying first class to US will be v nice....:) take care and see the doc before it gets worse.

Blur Ting said...

First class! I need to find myself a sponsor!

Petunia Lee said...

I use a Seahorse foam mattress. Better than spring for back support. Resolved BOTH our back issues for hubby and I.

Blur Ting said...

Thanks for the recommendation Petunia. I must have injured my hip. feels inflammed.

Amel said...

Oh dear...SORRY to hear about this, Ting. Maybe better have a full check-up or something?

Malar said...

It's better to go to doctor fast! Take care Ting!

Blur Ting said...

Thanks Ladies. Went to see doctor already. Kidney infection. Could be due to small kidney stones. No wonder I felt under the weather all week. Should be fine after taking medicine.

The Real Mother Hen said...

oh nooooooo!!!!!!

Wen-ai said...

Oh dear... do get well soon! Drink more water to flush out thee stones?

Blur Ting said...

Yes, and drink plenty of water. I know CH is going to go "Told you so!"

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...