Wednesday 14 March 2007

Working from home

I am working from home today. If you think that working from home makes you feel lazy and uninspired, then you’re wrong. Maybe that will happen if you are having a slow day. If you have lots to do, it can be really productive.

By staying at home, I saved
30 minutes blowing my hair, applying make up and dressing up
30 minutes driving to the office
30 minutes walking to/from the nearest food centre during lunch
45 minutes driving home in peak hour traffic
That is a savings of over 2 hours!

At home, as I sit before my computer replying my emails, working on the spreadsheet, answering phone calls, communicating with my colleague, basically, just working without missing a beat, Rusty is under my desk, quietly sleeping the day away.

During lunch and coffee breaks, I chat with the kids, walk around the garden, feed the dogs and read the papers.

Now, my work is almost done and I am still feeling fresh.

Oh, it is starting to rain. The best part is, there is no need to rush home today because I am already home.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...