Saturday 15 January 2011

Achar can wait

I was planning to make a large batch of Nyonya achar today. I lugged the cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and bottle of rice vinegar home only to realise that I'm out of shallots and tumeric.

The sun is up and I just don't feel like walking down the hill (and back up again) and across the HDB estate just to get them.

Besides I have just washed the kitchen floor. After frying the spice mixture, I would have to wash the kitchen again. I think I'll make achar tomorrow, if I can get home early from work.

2 comments:

charlie hotel said...

I didn't know there's cauliflower in achar.

Blur Ting said...

Only in the Nonya version.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...