Thursday 28 October 2010

Ms Handyman

Before I went to bed last night, I couldn't help but feel a little smug. You see, I managed to unclog the kitchen sink ALL BY MYSELF!

Put it this way, I didn't really have a choice. The water wasn't draining off and I had a sink full of dirty dishes to wash, so I crawled under the sink and unscrewed some stuff. Gosh, I don't even know what these pipe joints are called.

Anyhow, after flushing out the greasy debris, the sink was functioning properly again. I ended up with some small cuts on my palm but at least I didn't have to wait for the handyman to come and get the job done. I can tell you this job sucks.

I tell my kids they're lucky their mummy is strong enough to carry out many manual tasks at home. I'm the one who changes the light bulbs and haul furnture around.

I'm also not the squeamish type that freaks out at the sight of worms and spiders. In fact, one of our favourite hobbies was caterpillar hunting. We used to bring home caterpillars so that we could breed butterflies in our own backyard. We used to spend idyllic weekends catching fish in swamps and streams as well.

What if I were the ultra feminine type with manicured fingers and carefully styled hair? Who's going to take care of housework and blown lightbulbs at home?

2 comments:

JY69 said...

You go girl!

k@Ye_ said...

Another tip i learned is to occassionally pour hot boiling detergent water down the sink, followed by hot boiling water. Help to maintain the sink from being clogged up.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...