Friday 1 April 2011

Easy banana cake

When I met up with Auntie Lucia a month ago, she gave me a bag of flour, icing sugar and chopped almonds - ingredients that she had bought to bake cookies for Chinese New Year. Maybe she couldn't find the time to bake or had simply lost interest, she gladly passed them on to me, hoping that I have better use for the ingredients.

This morning, I came across a bunch of really ripe bananas at the fruit stall. Since I'm going back to my parent's house for dinner, I should make banana cake.

I wasn't prepared to dig out my cake mixer and digital weighing scale from the pantry, so I picked the easiest fool-proof recipe that I could handle. The best thing is, it doesn't leave a mess in the kitchen. Here it is:

Ingredients:
250g butter
3 cups self raising floor
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
5 ripe bananas

Method:
Melt butter in a pan. Stir in sugar and vanilla essence.
Remove from heat.
Mash 4 bananas and add into the butter mixture. Stir well.
Stir in eggs.
Add flour and milk. Mix lightly.

Note: Since I had the pack of chopped almonds (about 1/2 cup), I added into the batter as well.

Pour cake batter into baking pan. Decorate the top with sliced bananas. Bake in preheated oven at 170 degree celcius for 40 minutes.

Moist and soft banana cake!

3 comments:

Chee Hoew said...

Tasty!

auntielucia said...

Yummy tummy Blur! Glad u got some use for my over-enthusiastic purchase! And gladder still u didn't take offence at my gifting u with stuff I cldn't handle ;)

Blur Ting said...

Auntie Lucia - Very glad to be on the receiving end. I may be making apple cake next.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...