Sunday 17 April 2011

His best. My worst

We took part in Run 350 yesterday. While CH clocked his personal best timing, it was my worst run ever.

That's me doing stretches, and CH looking very smug.

It all began at the starting line. I had a bad tummyache during take off. I limped to the nearest toilet at Marina Bay Sands Mall, clutching my tummy. Nothing happened after 5 minutes, so I decided to get out and continue the run.

Maybe I was still recovering from flu, I became breathless very quickly. Could it be due to the lack of training or the old shoes I was wearing? I used to breeze through a 10K run without any difficulty but I couldn't even run 1k without panting yesterday. My feet were so sore too.

It was quite demoralising running/walking amongst the laggers. Since I wasn't doing well, I decided to focus on the scenic route instead. This is the first run where I could stop and take photos without getting in peoples' way.

I felt more like a tourist snapping pictures using my phone camera. Enjoy!














19 comments:

Ji said...

Hey didn't know you had a tummy ache. I thought we still hi fi just before starting the race? Hope you are feeling better. Yesterday's race was not so enjoyable because of the extremely hot weather and crowded water stations.

Blur Ting said...

Ji - Funny it started churning and aching during the countdown to start. Was still fine when we were chatting!

By the time I got to the water points, there was no more crowd. I was way behind :-)

JY69 said...

Courageous running a race! Couldn't get me to run...

mooiness said...

You didn't run well but you ended up taking nice photos for us to look at. And I think it's very awesome that you and CH like running together. :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Honestly, I dont think you should feel bad u didnt run well because you brought us along the run with all those beautiful pics! Thanks!

Amel said...

Your mobile's camera takes GREAT pics!!! LOVE the photos!

And it was nasty that you had a tummy ache just when it was starting. Hope you feel better now!

My Sinfonia said...

In the state you were in, at least you completed your run! Congrats on the pics, they are good and made me realise I have to come back to Sg soon. There are so many changes!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about you tummy but great pix. Can borow?

Wen-ai said...

Really pretty pictures! And yah, at least you have completed the run despite of a bad tummy. You did't give up, and you took all these pretty pictures to share with us! Plently of runs ahead to clock your personal best!

Blur Ting said...

JY - I've slackened alot lately. Must train more often.

Blur Ting said...

Mooiness - The weather was great for photos.

Blur Ting said...

OKC - Yes, I took it as a great opportunity to see places that are not accessible by car.

Blur Ting said...

Amel - I was surprised that my Nokia could take such nice pictures. It helped that the sun was up and the sky was clear and blue that day.

Blur Ting said...

My Sinfonia - Yes, Singapore is undergoing so much changes, even I can't keep up. You should come back soon and we bloggers can have a big bash!

Blur Ting said...

Amy - I heard it's comon for runners to get upset tumy just before a run. It was my first!

Please go ahead and use the photos.

Blur Ting said...

Wen-ai- Thanks for your encouragement! Yes, training will resume very soon.

charlie hotel said...

I wasn't smug! I was looking the skyline!

Petunia Lee said...

Hey... dun run if you feel ill next time, something not good could happen.

The World According To Me said...

It sounds like the odds were stacked against you. I am sorry to hear of the circumstances, at least you realised there were valid reasons. You will do better next time. Great scenes though.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...