Friday 8 April 2011

Home made goodies

I'm in the mood for cooking today. For lunch, I made mee siam using Prima paste. I really do not enjoy eating mee siam at the food centres. The home made ones are usually loaded with fresh prawns, bean sprouts, fish cake and hard boiled egg. Chive is an essential ingredient in mee siam. I'm lucky to have some growing in my garden.

I made an apple cake for tea. This is probably one of the simplest cake recipes. I mixed the batter within 10 minutes. Baking time was 50 minutes. Making a cake in 1 hour is possible after all.

The cake was fragrant, fluffy and moist. It's even better than the banana cake I made last week.

Fresh apple cake

Ingredients:
3 cups self raising flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup cooking oil
3 cups chopped apples (I used Fuji apples0
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt and cinnamon powder
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecan/walnut (I used muesli)
Optional - chocolate bits

Method:
Mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar and nuts) together.
Beat eggs and stir in oil, vanilla essence and apples.
Stir in milk until the batter is well mixed.
Pour into a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degree celcius for 50 minutes.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

JY69 said...

Looks great as usual!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

I love mee siam. Yours look yummy!

Amel said...

WOW...the mee looks GREAT as well as the cake. Should try the cake someday! :-D

Malar said...

Thanks for the recipe! I was wondering what cake to make for my son's birthday!

Blur Ting said...

Malar - You may like to make a cream frosting on top to make the cake look more special.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...