Friday 18 January 2008

Itchy feet

I'm leaving for Kuala Lumpur tomorrow morning for The Great Eastern - Pacesetters Run on Sunday where I'll be doing the 20k.

If you've noticed that I have been keeping very quiet about the run, well, I didn't want to give the kids an opportunity to grumble and nag. I only told them yesterday.

Naturally YK's initial reaction was "Why do you have to travel so far to run? Can't you run in Singapore? You run everyday, not enough is it?"

I corrected him, "Excuse me, I don't run every day. Besides, it's my hobby and yes, the terrain is different in other places."

Anyway, I promised him I'll cut down on my oversea running this year. He's having his GCE 'O' levels and I wish to be around to motivate him. So, perhaps this will be my only one this year.

Then again, who knows when my feet will start itching again?

12 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Good Luck buddy. I share the same passion and itchy feet too. But I don't have the luxury to travel overseas to run ... at the moment.

And yups, O Levels is a crucial exams for all kids in Singapore. Being around even if you are around just quietly will serve as motivation for me.

Good Luck for the 20K. I am cheering you from Singapore!!

Amel said...

Have a GREAT time in KL and GOOD LUCK!!! ;-D You truly are a traveller he he he...

SOUL said...

hmmmm... running makes your feet itch? ummmm... that really sucks. need some powder? :))

don't you love it when the kids try to make you feel guilty?

I LOVE it when it doesn't work!
good for you-- enjoy yourself-- and good luck with the feet.. and the run of course.

happy---still friday pm?
hmmm? i'm gettin there . i think.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ha I can almost see YK saying that :)
He is doing his O-level this year? WOW time flies!
Bi is doing her PSLE too. I can't believe it...

Amel said...

Hi, Blur!

Got an award for you:

You Cheer Me Up Award

Unknown said...

have a wonderful time!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

All the best in your run. I didn't even know it was on. Shows you how serious I have been about running the past one month or so! Damn, I've just got to get off my fat lazy ass soon ... LOL!

La delirante said...

Good luck in Kuala Lumpur!!

Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee, that's actually pretty cute of him.

Best of luck to you, Blur. I know you'll do great!!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

How exciting!! Good luck with the 20k, best wishes, Fish

Loz said...

I hope you're post some photos of this trip too :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...