Saturday 6 March 2010

Old movies

When CH asked if I would watch the movie "They call her... Cleopatra Wong" produced in the 70s, I declined. But when he revealed that he had won tickets to 2 days of film classics at the Cathay Cinema, I decided to sit through two movies with him even though I am no film buff.

It turned out to be an interesting experience. The sound effects, dialogue and script of Bionic Boy left us chuckling. You see, the 'super boy' was running after villians the whole time. I dozed off several times and woke up each time to find him running after thugs. I could sleep through half the show and not miss a thing. Some viewers walked out midway because the show lacks sophistication.

The second movie, Cleopatra Wong, played to a larger and more enthusiastic audience. With the tagline "She purrs like a kitten and makes love like a siren. This side of the Pacific, she is the meanest, deadliest and sexiest secret agent.", I can understand why the turnout was good. The movie was not too bad actually, considering it was produced more than 30 years ago!

The lead actress Marrie who played Cleopatra was at the screening with some friends. She still looks good at 51. I challenged CH to get her autograph and here he is, grinning like a happy camper.

CH and Marrie Lee.

2 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

he's so happy that his hair all stand? kekekeke.....

Blur Ting said...

LOL! I think so.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...