Sunday 29 April 2007

Running back in time

I went for my long run along Upper Bukit Timah Road yesterday. I started at Bukit Batok, ran through Toh Tuck Road, past Jalan Jurong Kechil, continued along Upper Timah Road, followed by Hillview and back to the starting point again.
I simply love this area because of the open fields, old buildings and interesting structures. I was blessed with cool weather as it was drizzling lightly but the pictures taken on my mobile phone aren't that great. Well, enjoy anyway!
One of last few circus left in Singapore.
The vast open field always makes me think of green pastures in New Zealand.

This tunnel, with an overhead train track, leads to Hillview estate.

This must be one of the oldest Standard Chartered Bank buildings!
It was there since I was a kid.
The Salvation Army building looks like a ship, doesn't it?

An old railway track, with The Rail Mall in the background.

Old Ford Factory building along Bukit Timah Road, where the British surrendered. On 15 February 1942, the Head of the Allied forces, Lt General A. E. Percival, surrendered to general Yamashita of the Japanese Forces there, who made Ford factory their Japanese Army HQ during WW2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ford factory is now an attraction for ghosthunters. Don't go too close!

The Real Mother Hen said...

From Bukit Batok to Bukit Timah to Hillview and back? Wow! You really can run :) Really admire your dedication :)

Blur Ting said...

I run slowly and walk in between. The whole journey takes about 1.5 hours. I do it when SK is having Chinese tuition. It'd be waste of time to just sit around.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...