Wednesday 21 November 2007

Daydream believer

Have you ever thought about what life is like 10 years from now? Well, I often fantasize about it.

In 10 years, my kids would be all grown up. Whether they're studying or working, it doesn't matter but they'll be independent adults. I want to see them often, and I want to see them leading a happy and comfortable life.

I would like to work less and read more. I dream of living in a modest house with a lush garden, a cosy patio and an outdoor dining area. I want a big study with shelves groaning under the weight of books. I'd like to spend more time experimenting in the kitchen, cooking simple healthy meals using herbs grown in the backyard.

I'd like to have a slow leisurely dinner in the garden with my loved ones, watching the sunset while sipping a glass of wine. I want to hear the windchime tinkling in the breeze and crickets chirping. I want to look up and see the stars at night and wake up to the sound of birds calling and the smell of coffee brewing in the kitchen. I want to enjoy my cuppa in the patio, while watching my dogs play in the yard.

I would like to travel to new places, immerse myself in their culture and learn the cuisine. I want to come back home to my familiar surroundings again, enriched in every sense. I want to catch up with old friends, cook them all kinds of delicious food and talk and laugh into the night.

I am a day dreamer...

9 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey, what do you know, I day dream a lot too.

I seriously hope in 10 years time I'll be sitting in a nice house in the country, under a nice shady tree, reading my day away (well, maybe a little napping too la ... LOL).

The World According To Me said...

What a delightful post.
Nothing wrong wrong with day dreaming, especially when they conjure up such happy, pleasant images.
I'd be happy with your day dream too!

Unknown said...

Believe it or not although I am a perpetual day dreamer I have never thought of life 10 years from now... not exaggerating.

Amel said...

Hey, NICE daydream!!! ;-D

I'd also LOVE to have a big study with shelves groaning under the weight of books he he he he...

Hmmm...maybe I should write a post about this. This post inspires me to daydream, too ho ho ho ho ho ho...

Blur Ting said...

Hey Nick - our day dreams are quite sama sama!

World - yah, we must do that to keep ourselves happy :-)

RM - I think you will if you have kids cos you really start to measure your milestones thru them...you're forced to actually...

Amel - Would love to read about yours!!

The Real Mother Hen said...

That's a very nice dream :)
I can imagine you doing that :)

J@n!ce said...

You have just listed down my vision too :)

Janice Ng

WaterLearner said...

I day dream a lot also la! I also like to have a house out of the city. I like plants and greens alot. So for that aspect, I am sama sama to you lor.

Unknown said...

except for the kids all grown up...that is kinda how your life is right now :) you are living your dream ^_^

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...