Wednesday 12 December 2007

Good service

I walked out of Adidas shop yesterday with a new pair of running shoes and a sports jacket. Of course I didn't walk in with the intention to buy anything in the first place. Well, here's how it all started...

Last Saturday, after inspecting containers at the yard, I stopped by the mall to buy groceries. As I walked past the brightly lit Adidas shop, a spiffy black sports jacket caught my eye. Alas, they only had a 'Small' size.

The efficient sales staff made a quick check and offered, "You can find larger sizes in our other outlets or we can bring them here for you."

Wow, I was impressed but in a non-committal way, I said, "Thanks very much, but I don't really live around here, so I can't promise I can come by soon."

"No worries. We'll transfer the stock here and inform you when it arrives in 3 days. It's fine if you can't come or if you don't buy eventually."

Surprise! I received a call from the store yesterday informing me of the jacket's arrival. So, I dropped by the store after work. We're all efficient people here. :-)

The jacket fits me perfectly. I looked around and decided to try some running shoes. Now, this Adidas guy is an epitome of good service. He's a non-pushy, quiet and unobtrusive kind of guy who gives me space, yet miraculously appears before me when I needed help.

He impressed me with his product knowledge, good attitude and sincerity. He's also a tireless worker who would not hesitate to bring out many models and sizes for me to try. He's always attentive and wearing a smile.

With his help and advice, I felt that I had made the wisest purchase in a long time. In the past, I had simply bought my running shoes without any consideration for my poor feet that bore the brunt of all the pounding. I'm lucky this time.

Naturally, I left the store with a big smile and I'm still smiling the morning after. That little guy really left a big impression. Well done!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write a letter on commendation to Adidas

mooiness said...

Wow. The salesguy's attitude and efficiency is so good that I wanted to buy something Adidas too - even though I'm reading this on the computer screen!

Good and *non-pushy* salespeople are hard to find. If you remember the guy's name, I'd second anonymous's suggestion and writing it and commend the guy's performance. Might even make his day. :)

Blur Ting said...

ha ha, I already wrote a letter to adidas. So easy, I copied the whole damn blog post and emailed to them!

Blur Ting said...

Hi Moo, actually i didn't ask for his name but found a name Jeff on the sales receipt. So I just sent a letter to the owner of the franchise, citing this name. Good service is indeed hard to find these days.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ok I need the same service... not shoes, but to do massage for me :()

Blur Ting said...

haha, I'll find you one...meanwhile, Robin will have to do the job!

Blur Ting said...

Adidas PR is also very efficient. Shortly after I sent out that letter, I received a reply
"Thank you for your compliment. We are happy that you are able to get something you want and most importantly in an enjoyable process. We will let Jeff aware that his service is being greatly appreciated by you."

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow they are so "on the ball" :)
I'm so tempted to have the milk man come in and be my personal masseur!
Boy I ache like crazy :(
Really getting OLD...
SIGH!

mooiness said...

Their PR is indeed efficient - seems like that a priority on customer service is part of the Adidas culture.

Blur Ting said...

Wah, MH! You are scandalous lah. Milkman massage you??!! I thought postman better :-)

Blur Ting said...

You know what Moo, in the past Nike was like the preferred brand here but it seems that Adidas has really caught up (even overtaken) these days. I love their slogan "Impossible is Nothing!"

WaterLearner said...

Wow... that really gets me wanting to switch to Addidas.

The World According To Me said...

'Impossible is Nothing' I like that.

You even got a reply from your letter!
Credit where credit is due with the customer service.
Well done Adidas.

Amel said...

WELL DONE indeed!!! I also dislike pushy people. Isn't it WONDERFUL when someone does his/her job EXTRA well? HE HE HE HE HE HE...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...