Sunday 23 December 2007

High tea with the ladies

I met up with my old friends from junior college for high tea at Goodwood Park Hotel today. It was pouring outside but we were tucked away in a comfortable corner chatting about old times while indulging in Asian food.
.
We called ourselves the 'Blackie 8' back then because our favourite colour was black. There was another group called the 'Pinky 5'. I guess we were not very creative back then.... Well, the girls in our class outnumbered the guys like 4:1, hence life during the 2 years was absolutely unexciting and uneventful.
.
Now that all of us are busy with work and family, we tend to meet only when Len, who's from Malaysia, comes visiting. As expected, between mouthfuls, we updated, downloaded, gossipped, vented, giggled and grumbled. I learned that May Ling finished her marathon with really impressive timing, Yvonne had moved to a new apartment, Joyce has been promoted at work and Vivien's kids are no longer tiny babies!
.
It was definitely nice to see old friends again. We left the hotel feeling high from the laughter and chatter. I really think we should do this more often.
Black is still our favourite colour!
From left - Len, Joyce, Yvonne, May Ling, Vivien and me.
The sweet girl in front is Len's daughter.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha do you notice how some things NEVER change????

Amel said...

OOOHHHHH it's always SO nice to meet up with old friends and catch up HE HE HE HE HE...GREAT pic! ;-D

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the lovliest of things to spend time reliving happy memories, while adding new ones to the mix.

I'm glad to see you're well, Blur. I've missed you.

J@n!ce said...

You ladies are really the blackie... haha.
How nice to catch up with one another over meal. :)

All the best to your friendship with your good friends :)

SOUL said...

that sounds really really nice, and yes you should do that more often!
so funny y'all are wearing black--and that was unplanned ... very cool.
i love to read about the things you do. you always bring a smile to my face. there seems to be a lot of simple pleasures in your world--and that what life is all about isn't it? just living.
i hope you have a great day today.
laterz.

WaterLearner said...

College gathering are always nice. Which JC were you from?

Blur Ting said...

Hi friends! Yes, it's so nice to meet up with old friends. We all seem pretty much the same, just like the old days.

Water - I was from St Andrew's JC. I studied in St. Margaret's which is affiliated to SAJC.

J@n!ce said...

Blur, I attended my 3 mths course at SAJC too. That time, the school is under going renovation. We have to study at the old classrooms near the field there. Every time need to wipe the bird shit!! LOL :)

After that, I pursue my studies at NP :)

WaterLearner said...

It's a small world then! My hubs studied in St Andrews Sec but did not go to the JC in St Andrews. He is now still a scout leader running activities there!

Blur Ting said...

Wah, really small world! Janice - you're must younger me cos during those days, the school was still quite new. My favourite area was the 'haven'.

Water - We had some St Andrew sec boys there too. All affiliated!

To be honest, I didn't really like SAJC.

Blur Ting said...

Janice, I mean you're much younger than me!!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...