Wednesday 31 January 2007

My Guinea Pigs


Today I saw this quote by actress Demi Moore:
“I say all the time to my daughters, “Bear with me” and “I’m sorry you’re my guinea pig” because I’ve never been right in this place before. This is my first time’

How right she is! I do agree with her.

As a mother of two teenage boys, I face all kinds of new situations everyday.
Do I know what to anticipate? Do I know the best way to handle tantrums?
Do I know how to deal with their insecurities and angst?
Noooo! I don’t! But I try my best.

My friends who have teenage children are just as bewildered as I am.
We exchange stories and scenarios…all uncannily similar.
Then we wonder if we have gone wrong with our style of mothering.
Have we pampered them too much? Should we show more tough love?
Are we doing things right? Maybe it’s just a phase?
Well, we don’t know because we are learning too.

They are my guinea pigs.

I think as long as we teach them the right values, be a good role model, show them you love and care about them, they should turn out ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there and thawnk you ffor your information – I have
defnitely picjed up something new from right here.

I diid however expertise several technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the website many times previous to
I cokuld get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement
in google and could damage your high quality score
if adss and arketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm
ading this RSS to my e-mail and ccan look out for much more of your respective interesting content.
Ensure that you update this again very soon.

Also visit my blog post ... Las Vegas Kenmore Repairman

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...