Thursday 1 May 2008

Labour Day workout

Oh, my legs are aching again. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a masochistic streak in me. Just when my thighs were nicely recovering from Sunday's strenuous workout, I was lured into another challenging trail run at MacRitchie Reservoir yesterday morning.

It was another hot day, so I was grateful the thick canopy of trees provided plenty of shade throughout the 11km forest trail. The sound of birds chirping along the scenic route made the arduous run more tolerable. It's definitely different from our regular runs.

The forest trail is an undulating one. Running through soft soil, muddy patches, gravel paths and sections of boardwalk, we often had to dodge pieces of rocks and roots on the forest floor to prevent ourselves from tripping or twisting our ankles. On the positive side, we were rewarded with fantastic views of the reservoir and beautifully manicured golf course of Singapore Island Country Club.

The run took us 1.5 hours with a water break in between. The four of us (best friend and hubby, CH and I) treated ourselves to breakfast at the top of the scenic park after the run. I must admit it was a great way to spend a public holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thighs, my thighs
I can barely ignore their cries
but when the day is done
I'll still go run
So their agony should come as no surprise

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Good for you guys :D All I did on labour day was laze around at home ... shame on me!

Blur Ting said...

Haha, CH. Funny! :-) :-)

Blur Ting said...

Oh Nick, what happened to your resolution? Maybe you're too weak from dieting to go running! :-)

La delirante said...

1.5 hours?! Wow :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...