Friday 22 August 2008

Not my shopping day

Have you ever had one of those days where you can't seem to buy anything? I was having that kind of day yesterday. After sitting in the office since 7am, I decided to leave at 4pm to do a spot of shopping before meeting our friends for dinner. Armed with a long list of things to buy, I headed to a furniture store near my office. I walked out with nary a purchase. Then I decided to drive to Beach Road to look for kitchen utensils. The first parking lot I went into was full, so was the second one. I decided to forgo the idea and went to Furniture Mall instead. There must be at least 30 stores in there, yet I ended up with nothing.

Then it was time to meet CH and proceed to Chris' house. He invited us for a Korean dinner at his apartment before moving out next month. I love how his home is furnished with wooden Korean furniture and how the big balcony overlooks lush greenery. His wife EY prepared our favourite Kimchi stew with loads of ingredients like tofu, pork and mushroom. It was delicious. I'm going to learn how to make that too. The rice was boiled with black beans she brought from Korea. The beans are bigger and much sweeter than what we can get here. Chris bought some other dishes to accompany the stew too. Dessert was durian crepe cake from the famous shop, Classic Cakes. We were so stuffed.


EY had to fly back to Korea and they left for the airport soon after. CH and I went to Ikea. It was my last attempt to shop for the day. We managed to get some small stuff like a dish drainer for the kitchen and a rug for my room. When I got home, I realised that I had forgotten to buy this Bekvam step ladder. Now I can't reach my tall shelves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how someone told me about an IKEA opening up somewhere in Yokohama! I've never been but I hear they got some really cool stuff! Lucky for me it's kinda far..I'd be a spending fool if I was allowed in their doors....

Amel said...

Ahhh...sometimes it happens indeed, but the dinner looks SO delicious! I miss tofu SO MUCH. Can't find it here he he he...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...