Thursday 29 September 2011

I'm so excited!

I am so excited because my dear friend who's like a sister to me, is coming to visit. I haven't seen her in more than 3 years and I miss her so much! She lives across the world, in a small town called Bend in Oregon. After traveling to Malaysia to see her ailing dad, she'll be coming over to spend some time with me. I can't wait!

Yesterday, Fry texted me to ask why I haven't been updating my blog. Gosh, it has been two weeks since I put up the last post. I'm still alive and kicking, just a bit distracted and indolent.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends. Last week, we celebrated my nephew's 12th birthday. Incidentally, he is sitting for his paper (PSLE) now as I write. All the best Marc!

We also celebrated the Mid-Autumn Festival at best friend's house some weeks ago. Here are some of the kids, keeping the flies away from the food.

Last Sunday, we also attended a piano concert. My nieces played two pieces each. The 3-year old did a duet with her teacher. See, her legs are hanging in the air!

Ting played very well and I can see that she has a passion for music. Well done girls!

SK and I went to the Botanic Gardens one afternoon. He's becoming a gardener like me, except that he grows his plants in the vivarium instead of the garden. Here are some photos taken in the cool room.


I'll probably be busy catching up with my friend next week. We've so much to talk about and we want to cook together and go on a food hunt! I hope you won't have to wait another 2 weeks for my next post. Until then, have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love that spacious garden! :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love that spacious garden! :)

Malar said...

So now i know why you went missing!
Hope you will have wonderful time with your best friend!

Amel said...

Ohhhhh Mother Hen is coming??? That's WONDERFUL (sorry to hear about her Dad, though). HAVE FUN with her! I'm sure you'll speak for hours and hours and hours he he...

LOVE all the pics. Your nieces are talented, reminds me of my bro who's talented in music. :-D

Amel said...

OH yeah forgot to say about SK's garden. LOVELY!!!

Petunia Lee said...

I missed ya... though I did talk to you mid week. Haha!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yayyyyyy :) :) :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...