Thursday 5 November 2009

Like grandpa?

While driving mum to the Chinese physician yesterday, we chatted in the car as usual. While she likes to tell me about the antics of my two little nieces, I simply can't stop telling her about my own kids. I think she's the only willing listener.

You know how mothers can spend all day gushing about their kid's accomplishments with their husband, I have none to discuss with, so I let it all out when I'm with mum.

I was telling her about how the teacher finds SK so endearing, mum replied, "SK is like your father. When we were in school together, your dad was the quiet and shy one in class. None of the girls talked to him but me. That's how he fell in love with me."

She went on to say, "I was surprised that behind his quiet facade, he was a man of ambition, someone who knew what he wanted in life. But he's easy going and well-liked by all his friends, just like SK."

Indeed. SK doesn't articulate very much but he often surprises me with his maturity. While he hasn't lost that child-like innocence, he often speaks about his plans when he grows up. This boy has ambition and is disciplined like his grandpa.

I have great respect for my father and hope my son grows up like him too.

4 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

SK is certainly a fine person, and he has great manner. Oh I still have fond memories of him when he was very young, so cute, so adorable.

Blur Ting said...

:-) Yah, now his secondary school teacher still finds him adorable.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

hehehehe.....i also find him very quiet whenever i pop by your face, but his baby face hor......so squeezable! kekekeke.....

Petunia Lee said...

Still waters run deep. The strong silent sort? I like him alreday!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...