Monday 7 April 2008

I've found it!

I'm talking about office space. Yes, finally the search is over. Technically, it was Lynette the industrious real estate agent who found it. She had been searching for a suitable unit for me since February.

I didn't get overly excited when she told me about an office space in Macpherson Estate but I decided to swing by to check out the building facade anyway. Apparently a Japanese firm is moving back to Japan and is looking for someone to take over their office space. When I returned the next day to view the interior, I was pleased with what I saw.

It's almost identical to my current office space, albeit a little bigger. Plus, it's bright and cheery, which is an important factor. Of course the location is important too. Being minutes away from SK's school and easily accessible via the highway, I have nothing to complain about really.

The best thing is, the rent is very reasonable. While it's not a glamorous building in a prime estate, nor does it come with nicely landscaped gardens, having a clean and pleasant office to work in is good enough for me.

Barring any unforseen circumstances, we should be settled in by July. It's already a big load off my mind.

Goodbye Big Guy! I'm gonna miss you!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need help moving?

Blur Ting said...

Yes, please.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Funny comments above :)

CH - the reward for being Indian chief for a day is her famed chicken curry :)

I'll volunteer husband, if he happens to swing by when you move :)

J@n!ce said...

Glad to know that you've finally find a relatively good office place ;)

SOUL said...

love the statue--sculpture..so happy lookin :))

congratulations on the new building !!

happy tuesday blur-

Seelan Palay said...

Dear blur ting, I read your comment on Alex Au's blogspot, "Street Work Aint For Us" and I loved your idea of converting a container for living in!

I would love to try!

The World According To Me said...

Bye, bye big guy!
Glad to hear you have found somewhere suitable. Must be a weight off your mind.

Anonymous said...

congrats! pics of the new place please!!!

Blur Ting said...

MH -I must find a way to ship some curry to you in future!

Blur Ting said...

Yah Janice, searching for office space can be a pain in the neck!

Blur Ting said...

Hi Soul, I will miss the happy sculpture in the garden! The new place has no garden. :-(

Blur Ting said...

Singapore Indian Voice - You really should! Try googling for container homes and you'll see how fantastic they can look!

Blur Ting said...

World - Yes, I am glad the search is over. The nicer buildings nearby are really nice but much more expensive. So I thought I had better make a quick decision.

Blur Ting said...

JY - I'll put up photos for sure, when I take possession of the new premises.

WaterLearner said...

Hey, I am happy to hear this piece of news :-) Good Luck on your new office..

La delirante said...

congratulations!!

Unknown said...

yeaayy!!! congratulations.
i'd miss that happy guy too.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...