Monday 9 February 2009

Unfruitful

Before I left my office this afternoon, I made a list and I checked it twice. I wanted to be sure my trip to town was a fruitful one. First I went to a shophouse in Liang Seah Street to source for packaging materials. No success.

Then I walked to Tan Quee Lan Street to look at another store. Alas, nothing suitable.

The sun was beating down on me but I decided to walk to Bras Basah Complex. I walked up and down the building, again no luck. Then I walked to National Library and borrowed two gardening books. They may not be the best but it feels good to walk out with something useful.

I went back to Bugis Junction where I parked my car. There were lots of sales going on at the boutiques and shoe stores but funny, they don't tempt me. I left the mall without any shopping bags.

I decided to give North Bridge Road a last shot because I remember seeing a store there. I slowed down and scanned at the row of shop houses...Nada. They must have moved away.

Such an unproductive afternoon. Good thing I have the books. At least I can read about farming techniques and dream about veggies tonight.

2 comments:

Burcu said...

:) The opposite could be. Even you don't need, you could buy many things without any use! And money is still in your pocket:)
Why didn't you start your day by going to beauty parlour and have your nails manicured ?

Believe me it works!

Hugs

Blur Ting said...

Hi Burcu, you're always such a positive influence! I don't manicure my nails because I will ruin them when I work out in the garden. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...