Monday 12 March 2007

New chapter

This morning, I walked past my old estate. The two blocks of old apartments and the spacious playground where the kids spent the first ten years of their lives are no longer there.

Standing before me is a big condominium development with spanking new apartments. I looked up and remember how our apartment on the 4th floor was spacious and bright, with a wide balcony that was always breezy.

As I walked down memory lane, I recall the lazy afternoons by the pool, watching the kids frolicked in the water. How weekends were spent with them… baking cookies, reading, drawing and colouring, playing with Lego bricks and dinosaurs. I think of little Daisy, our baby cocker spaniel who was eventually given away to a friend; and birthday parties with the other kids next door.

There are good memories and bad ones. The day the apartments were demolished to make way for the new condominium was the beginning of a new chapter. It is no use dwelling in the past. We have to move on and embrace the changes in our lives, only then will the future begin to take shape.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...