Sunday 25 March 2007

Scaredy cat

Call me a scaredy cat because I am afraid of heights, depth and speed.

I would gladly run a marathon. I won’t hesitate to backpack alone around the world, cycle through valleys, climb ragged mountains and hike through jungles. Just don’t make me bungee jump, parasail or sky dive.

While I enjoy snorkeling and swimming, I am not keen to go scuba diving or white water rafting. Or even wake boarding and water skiing for that matter.

I’m not a big fan of theme parks either. I shy away from roller coasters, simulators and other rides. I’m not even talking about the steepest and fastest ones.

I love cuddling furry animals but snakes and big lizards freak me out. You can ask me to dig for earthworms, handle caterpillars, slugs and even spiders, please don’t make me fondle a frog or salamander.

Egged on by friends to confront my fears, I have sat on the fastest roller coasters, steepest water slides and touched scaly snakes... still, that hasn’t alleviated the fear.

But really, if you are like me, we have nothing to fret about. There is some room for healthy skepticism but just don’t let it conquer you. More importantly you must enjoy what you’re doing. If you can’t find your thrills in the theme parks, then do something else that gives you the adrenalin rush.

Be courageous in your life and in your pursuit of the things you want and the person you want to become.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...