Thursday 7 February 2008

Life in the fast lane

We're into the 2nd day of the Chinese New Year and many relatives have already walked through our door. As my parents are the seniors in the family, their siblings come by to visit during Chinese New Year.

Since young, it has never been our practice to go visiting. However, I brought the kids to visit their paternal granny this morning. She doesn't see the boys very often and is always surprised at how much taller they have grown. Well, when the kids grow bigger, the mommy also grows older.

These yearly reunions can be pretty eye opening. The little cousins I grew up with are now married with kids. The younger ones who were so adorably cute are now in the university.

I look at my cousins with their little babies and congratulate myself on how my days of running after active toddlers are over. I'm happier managing big broody kids than hyperactive pre-schoolers.

I wonder how much we have changed. We can't see the change in ourselves but I'm sure the ones who visit us once a year will see how much we have aged. Such is life.

1 comment:

WaterLearner said...

Yups Blur!! You are right. Such is Life!!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...