Thursday 28 January 2010

Tea with the ladies

Maybe I was too inspired by the bright and beautiful airwell at Leah's house, I'm sitting in my patio, blogging under the big blue parasol. It's lovely I tell ya, being surrounded by plants but I'm beginning to sweat a little. The morning sun is getting too hot.

The morning tea session with the ladies was so nice, we should make it a regular affair. 4 women, 3 cakes, 2 bottles of apple cider and 1 beautiful house. How can we not have fun?

Knowing that we'll have plenty to eat, Petunia, OKC and I arrived at Leah's place with an empty tummy. The talented OKC even found time to bake a blueberry/cherry galette in the morning.

I felt like I've entered my dream house. It has everything I have always wanted - a spacious and airy kitchen, an outdoor cooking and dining area, a gorgeous airwell and a lush garden. As we sat laughing and munching, I couldn't help but gush at the loveliness of it all.

It's almost like a scene out of Desperate Housewives except that we're nowhere close to desperate. Nor do we have any skeletons in our closets. We're just a bunch of ladies who've met through the blog and became friends. It's strange how we bonded so quickly and easily the moment we met. We never run out of things to talk about. Even with our diverse backgrounds, there is never an awkward moment. Instead, we happily share our knowledge on shopping, cooking, gardening and mothering.

It makes me rethink about friendship. Well, I used to think that we stop making good friends as we get older but that is simply rubbish. Some of my new found friends have become really great pals. This goes to show that we will always be forging meaningful friendships as long as we're alive.

3 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

Yeah! I know! I didn't know blogging would be so rich in blessings for me!!

And you've described the house so well! It says what I think.

Mike Minzes said...

Hi Ting! I forgot how awesome this blog was! It's Mike from Mike Homefromt, except I've moved. www.realliveman.com

The World According To Me said...

How lovely! I can picture the scene so clearly. Here's to blogging and new friends.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...