Friday 4 May 2007

Happy ending

I bought myself a new pair of sunglasses last Friday and I left it in my car so that I can wear it while driving.

To my horror, when I wore it today, it didn’t fit my face anymore. The scorching sun must have caused it to warp.

So, I took some time off today and brought it back to the shop in town, half expecting scornful looks from sales people telling me there’s nothing they can do about it. I shouldn’t be feeling this way but you know how enthusiastic some sales people are when it comes to selling but the after sales service is just non existent?

I walked into Paris Miki and was greeted with smiling faces. So far, so good. I whipped out my glasses and they sprang into action. Yup, it’s warped alright but no problem, we’ll fix it right away! No questions asked. After shaping and washing, I tried it on and it’s back to normal!

Encouraged by their positive attitude, I brought out my old pair of shades for adjustment. No problem too. It was adjusted, washed and handed back to me with a smile.

I walked out of the shop feeling so impressed that I prompty visited their website http://www.parismiki.com.sg/ to find out more about their company when I got back.

Founded in Japan in 1930, Paris Miki has always placed great importance in training their staff. They even have a school to train them from eyecare theory to technical knowledge and customer service.

They have achieved what they've set out to do. I wish other retailers would learn from them too.

2 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow getting that type of customer service is like finding an oasis in the desert now adays!

Blur Ting said...

Precisely! Oh I forgot to mention that when I bought some contact lens from them, they were so thorough about checking the eye condition, degree and curvature. The went through the whole process again when they gave 2 pcs of samples to CH. Really something hor?

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...