Thursday 10 May 2007

Mother's Day Bash

Anyone who doesn’t know Mother’s Day is coming must be living under a rock. The advertisers have been going out in full force, plying gifts and treats for mum. They pop up everywhere…in the papers, on radio, tv…making you feel guilty if you haven’t done anything for mum.

Yesterday, YK asked me “What do you want for Mother’s Day?”
I went, “Hmm, I want…ummm….”
“You’re supposed to say something like you don’t want anything from us and that you’re happy if we do well in school and love you….”
I laughed, “Of course. I was only pretending. If I’d asked for anything, I probably have to give you money to buy me a gift anyway.”

When the kids were little, they used to make little drawings and cards with lots of hearts and lovely words. They've bought little cute stuff from the school bookshop with their pocket money. I still keep them because some things are just priceless.

Tomorrow, we’re having a big Mother’s Day Bash at home for the 4 mums - Ma, 2 sisters-in-law and yours truly. We’ve already ordered a cake and we’re going to have a feast though I haven’t planned what to cook yet! But I know it’s going to be a blast because The Real Mother Hen is coming too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you are going to have fun.
I will just have to make do with sending my mom a card and calling her as I live pretty far away from her.

Blur Ting said...

She'll appreciate it I am sure :-)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...