Saturday 25 August 2007

Simple home-made meal

Now that I have a new camera, I have to put it to the test in the kitchen too. Here are some simple healthy dishes I cooked for dinner tonight. Of course, the savoury dishes will be eaten together with rice, organic brown rice to be exact!Wild sea bass (barramundi) dressed in tomato, ginger, spring onions, light soy sauce and a dash of sesame oil, about to go into the steamer.
Yong Tou Foo dish featuring tofu and vegetables stuffed with fish paste, stir fried with lots of garlic and dark soy sauce.
Leafy vegetables is a standard fare here. Mum likes her greens chopped up like the lightly stir-fried spinach dish here. I added in some dried anchovies to enhance the flavour.
My brother made this nutritious bittergourd-stuffed-with-minced-pork soup. I made the soup base by boiling dried anchovies and dried soy beans.
Shredded sweet turnip stir-fried with dried shrimps and garlic, and seasoned with light soy sauce. The sweet and salty combi makes this a favourite dish at home.
The final dish is steamed fresh prawns. Unfortunately I ran out of battery. Well, it's not difficult to imagine what cooked prawns look like, isn't it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm salivating.... I wish I could cook so well. I just get by and even then I have to look at the recipe every 5 minutes!

Mike Minzes said...

OMG that looks sooooooooo good!!!!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ok now I'm starving :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...