Tuesday 1 April 2008

Vindicated

I have read enough magazines to know that when it comes to dating, guys prefer going out with a woman who loves to eat. Apparently, a woman with a healthy appetite is more desirable than one who picks at her food.

The irony is, whilst they like a woman who eats, they also prefer her to be slim and attractive.

Now, does that sound like an oxymoron already? Finding a slim woman who eats like a horse is like looking for Cinderella to fit into a tiny pair of glass slippers.

I like eating and while I'm not very slim, I work hard at keeping my weight down. I also like a man who enjoys his food and admires a curvy woman. I'm glad CH falls in this category because when I am around a man with a tiny appetite, it makes me uneasy and self-conscious.

On normal days, my breakfast is a cup of coffee and small piece of bread. Lunch is a cup of oatmeal, followed by coffee with biscuits at 3pm. Finally, I have a proper home cooked dinner at 7.30pm. No snacks or junk food in between.

Now that doesn't sound like alot for a big girl like me, doesn't it? I may not eat alot but I discuss about food all the time. When I am traveling, I like to taste the local cuisine. I'm like a food presenter who goes on her food tasting rounds, sampling a little bit of this and that, everything in moderation. Then I blog about it.

Maybe I talk about food too much, some people like Conrad get the impression that I spend all my waking hours eating. When he saw Mother Hen and I discussing animately about food yesterday, he chipped in, "Now, Ting. If you go on eating like the way you do, you'll end up looking like a ..."

Good old Mother Hen jumped to the rescue, "Excuse me, but Ting only eats oatmeal for lunch!"

Yes, I felt vindicated! Giving them the biggest grin on earth, I rebutted, "Now Conrad, just because you don't eat anything, it doesn't mean I'm a glutton!"

He gulped, "Oats? You'll end up looking like a horse!"

Well, good thing he said "horse" instead of "pig" or he'll end up looking like a flattened Peking duck!

17 comments:

SOUL said...

geesh what was in the air yesterday?

i missed the comment i think -- do you know this guy? how RUDE of him. and yes.. motha is quite the defender eh?

and hey-- enjoy your food-- eating it and writing about it-- and taking pics of it--

aww maaan.. now i'm hungry again. :))

happy tuesday-

Amel said...

Oh dearrrrr...I eat 3 times a day, you know? Whatever I cooked the day before. Usually I cook enough for 2 or 3 days, so if I cooked fried rice on Monday, then I eat it on Monday and Tuesday or sometimes even until Wednesday.

In the morning before I go to the course, I eat a portion of it, then during break I eat half a banana (or a piece of bun), then at lunch I eat a portion of fried rice again...then at break I eat the rest of the banana.

Then when I'm home, at around 4 pm or 4.30 pm I get hungry again, so I eat. And most of the time I either eat something again at night or I snack: chips or bread and salted fish or yoghurt.

Do you think I eat a lot? I should be more careful, though, 'coz as we grow older, our body doesn't process food as quickly anymore? Oh well...but I LOVEEEEEEEEE food he he he he he...

I know that if I don't eat snack at all, my body will be slimmer, but then I LOVE snack...such a dilemma!!!

I've actually told hubby NEVER to pick on my weight, even if he does see me gaining some weight he he he he...but I do intend on keeping up my exercise regime 'coz of what my mother suffered from due to her lack of exercise and her overweight body. Plus when you stay healthy, your loved ones don't have to worry about you.

Gee...I AM rambling so much here he he he he...

Anonymous said...

you go girl! and way to go Mother Hen! Aren't guys the worst some times???? LOL....would he have made yummy peking duck? i say not..if he was flattened anyways....

Blur Ting said...

Hey Soul, see, we like our food!
Conrad is a nice guy and I've known him for years.

The trouble is, he hardly ever eats. When we were on the plane, he didn't want his meal and when we are having a beer, he doesn't eat nuts or any snacks. When we were treated to dinner, he nibbles his food and on most days, he skips lunch.

When I am eating around him, it makes me look like I eat way too much.

That's why I am forever teasing him about his 'no food' diet. He, then ribs me about eating too much.

Blur Ting said...

Hehe Amel, you eat more than me but yet you're so slim!

It doesn't matter if you like snacking, as long as you do so in moderation. I just don't have that habit. I guess my mum didn't encourage snacking when we were growing up.

Blur Ting said...

JY - Haha, he would make a skinny peking duck. Not fatty enough!

I'm glad he doesn't read my blog :-)

Anonymous said...

To be honest from the blog posts of the last 2 months readers must think you eat all the time. Go back another 2 months and they'd think you run all the time...

Blur Ting said...

You're right CH. You're the only who knows I don't eat or run very much in real life :-)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Blog error? Testing 123

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ok now it works :)
Well, husband and him sat there for more than 2 hours, drinking and drinking, one pint after another.
Both think beer is food.
Unbelievable.

Blur Ting said...

Precisely! They think it's ok as long as they're on a liquid diet.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I just love to eat and eat and eat some more! And then I have to struggle even harder during my runs to burn it off ... LOL!

Well, I can go without lunch all day but then I'd end up pigging out at night so now I actually take lunch and eat lesser at night and it's just the perfect balance but I'm still hungry all the time ... LOL!

Blur Ting said...

Yah Nick, that sounds like a real man! One who actually eats, and runs!

WaterLearner said...

You exercise so much.. should be the last to worry about weight la!

Unknown said...

so funny, your answer to CH's comment. ^:^

Amel said...

My Mom always wanted to make sure we were eating enough, so she always made sure she had enough food and snack for us. I guess that's why I have that habit he he he he...

I used to bring some snack whenever I played outside with our neighbours. I stopped snacking while I was preparing for my wedding HA HA HA HA HA HA...but after that, it IS hard not to snack. Ahem. I guess old habits die hard. :-D

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost
supreme hoodie
curry 4
christian louboutin
coach outlet
nike sneakers for women
golden goose outlet
off white x jordan 1
golden goose sneakers
lebron james shoes

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...