I thought really hard and nothing memorable came to my mind. I haven't been to any new places or done any marathons this year. There are no breakthroughs unless you count the launch of our gardening business. I guess life has just been humming along.
There were days when I get restless, but having new responsibilities means I cannot simply pack up and leave like before. This week, my group of old classmates have started talking about an escapade to Hanoi where one of them is currently based. I seem to be the most excited one. It's a reunion of some sort. Years ago, we traveled to Kuala Lumpur to visit a friend, and managed to squeeze in lots of shopping cum eating in 2 days. An all-girl affair like this can be really fun!
Back then, I was the only one with young kids. Now that many of them are in the same boat, it's tough to get everyone together within short notice. Someone suggested going next year but I can't wait that long! I'm impatient like that.
Anyway, it's Friday already. Best friend is traveling to USA again. We managed to roll out an order before she flies out tonight. I wish I could hop on a plane with her too. She can go for meetings while I go sightseeing. Yah right!
EE send me a list of wise sayings this morning. I'll share some of my favourite ones here:
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
- Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
- If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there with ya.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
- Don't worry about bitin' off more 'n you can chew; your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
- Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
- If it don't seem like it's worth the effort, it probably ain't.
- Meanness don't jest happen overnight.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to git dirty.