Tuesday 6 October 2009

This is fun!

Now that we're selling gardening kits to little kids, I find myself enjoying school visits immensely. I guess the enthusiasm that the teachers exude can be quite infectious too.

Take this morning for instance. When I needed help with the heavy carton boxes, four teachers trooped to my car to lend a hand. They squealed in delight when they saw the products for the first time, and examined them like they were Prada bags.

Then the sight of happy kids skipping past made me want to join in the fun too. It's no wonder some lawyers and accountants leave their jobs to become preschool teachers.

The lady principal brought me to their backyard garden which showcases tomatoes, okra, long beans and chilli planted by little kids, with some help from the teachers. The plants are carefully tagged so the kids could learn. I was so impressed with the gardening effort, I think they're a good role model for other preschools.

When we ventured into this little business, I did not forsee the intangible benefits and the joy it would bring. Now I think it's a blessing indeed.

2 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

ah, the perfect job, ain't it? u earn the money + get to be happy! *WIDE GRIN*

Amel said...

This is a WONDERFUL idea...growing a business like this. :-))))

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...