Friday 22 February 2008

Party animals

Friday night saw us attending a friend's baby shower party. We were treated to a tantalising spread of Indian food catered from the popular Riverwalk Tandoor Restaurant. The food stole the limelight cos we spent more time eating than admiring the pretty baby.

After all that eating, I was more than happy to bring SK and his friend to Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve on Saturday. It gave me an opportunity to burn off some calories before attending another party at night.

The tide was coming in when we arrived in the afternoon. When the tide rolled in, a curious thing happened... the sea creatures started to climb up the mangrove trees.

Who can spot the mudskipper climbing up the tree?


This tree trunk was teeming with crabs. Some climbed all the way up the tree branches.
This was such a peculiar sight. The two creatures were sun-bathing together like best friends. At one stage, the tortoise even walked on the monitor lizard's head. The lizard got annoyed and swam away.


SK and friend looking out for estaurine crocodiles.

We couldn't see any crocs but there were lots of huge monitor lizards.
.
Once again, we ate more than we should at my friend's BBQ party. She's the mummy of my 16-month old god-daughter, so it was good to see the little cutie again. While she was happy to follow me home previously, she wouldn't allow me to carry her last night. After much coaxing, I managed to grab her for a photo shoot.
Look who's not smiling...
.
We were already feeling so stuffed when we left yet CH had another birthday party to attend. I brought the boys home and fell asleep soon after.
.
I'm glad I went for my run this morning. At least I burnt off a chunk of steak. All that gorging will have to stop!

5 comments:

La delirante said...

Hi! I love Indian food! :) Yummy! I also love mangroves :) That picture of the crabs on the tree made me remember one of my tours to the magical mangroves in my country...oh, so many memories :)

Mike Minzes said...

Look at that smile!!!!! Ting, you have got the greatest smile I have ever seen!!

Blur Ting said...

Hi Wen, I'm glad my post brought you happy memories!

Mike - Thank you! You've just turned my blue Monday into a bright yellow one!! :-) :-)

Michelle said...

Lovely photos and the food sounded yummy!

:-)

The World According To Me said...

Wow, love the pics of the sea creatures!

What a cute god-daughter.

Sounded like a fun weekend.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...