Thursday 19 May 2011

3 trips, 2 runs and 1 wedding

Life has been pretty mundane lately, which is a good thing actually but I'm looking forward to better things ahead.

Next weekend, my girlfriends and I are flying up to Kuala Lumpur for a weekend of eating and shopping. Our last holiday together in Hanoi was a fun-filled and memorable one. I'm really looking forward to this coming one.

In June, I'm heading to a weekend escapade at Batam with another group of friends. After hearing Ivan singing praises about Batam, we made him organise a trip for us. Finally, after months of coordination, we'll be setting off on 17th June. Traveling with CH, his 2 best friends and their spouses will definitely be an interesting experience!

Then in September, CH and I are going to Siem Reap, a major tourist hub in Cambodia. Needless to say, we'll be spending most of our time at Angkor Wat.

To compensate for all the anticipated over-eating, I've signed up for the Great Eastern 10k Run and SPCA 4.8k Run. This is nothing compared to the 25k run that CH is doing tomorrow, but it is better than lazing around.

Another event to look forward to is Ivan's wedding in August. Yes, he is the one who planned the Batam trip. He is CH's good friend from university, so we're very happy for him.

7 comments:

JY69 said...

Blur, your life sounds anything but mundane...!

Ji said...

So you are finally going to Siem Reap! We are also heading there in early Aug. Will you be there to support CH tomorrow? Hope the weather will not be too hot, I am running 12 km.

Blur Ting said...

JY - Cos I only blog about the interesting bits!

Blur Ting said...

Ji - Yes, with your encouragement! I'll send him there but have to go to my parent's place for dinner. So he's on his own. :-)

Good luck on your run. Drink plenty of water.

My Sinfonia said...

Wow the runs you talk about i would not even dream of doing them in my sleep. Have a good time in batam!

Amel said...

WOW!!!! EXCITING plans indeed...enjoy and take care then and I'll look forward to the photos he he...

Malar said...

SO many intersting plan! That's very colourful life!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...