Tuesday 23 October 2007

Free!

Three more days to go, and I'll be a free woman. The 2-month school holiday starts this Saturday!

No more waking up at 5.30am or waiting around for the kids to finish school. I can sleep late, spend more time at the gym, wake up late and style my hair in the morning. Maybe I can attend some courses, learn something new, or plan a couple of business trips. I may even redecorate my room, revamp my garden or finally start a vegetable plot. Or bake a cake. Or do oil painting or furniture building...

When the boys were younger, I used to pack them off to holiday camps, but now that they are teenagers, these no longer interest them. Well, maybe we can go to the movies, have pizza brunches or travel to an exotic destination.

Ah, so many possibilities!

Oh, I just remembered... I still have to go to work.

11 comments:

mooiness said...

Plus the kids might need more money to entertain themselves. ;)

SOUL said...

i kinda thought the job might get in the way---but it was fun while it lasted eh?

Blur Ting said...

oh, you are so right Moo. They have already started asking me how much holiday allowance I'll be giving...

Yah Soul, I got so excited, I forgot about the work part. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

ha yeah unfortunately...adults have to work... **sigh**

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow School Holidays! I always love school holidays even when I don't have one now... it's just good to hear friends taking their kids to this place and that place etc :)

Blur Ting said...

Ah, MH, remember we were visiting you last holiday? how time flies!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm jealous!! I'd give anything for a two month holiday!

Mike Minzes said...

Enjoy your time off from school Ting.

Blur Ting said...

I'm free from school but then I have to cook their meals at home.

Amel said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA...This is FUN to read...yeah, still have to go to work, but at least you don't have to wake up too early. I'm not a morning person so I hate getting up early hi hi hi...

Unknown said...

I am sure you guys will have a ball!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...