Tuesday 14 July 2009

Close encounter


Rusty and I started hurrying home when we saw dark clouds gathering very quickly in the sky. We were walking several metres behind a teenage girl who was sauntering ahead of us, lost in her thoughts. I think she wasn't wide awake yet at 7am in the morning.

I pulled Rusty close to me so that he wouldn't wander too near her legs. Maybe she heard our shuffling feet, she suddenly stopped and turned around. Then she let out a blood curdling scream as if she had seen a gremlin instead of a dog.

I didn't know whether to be amused or apologetic, so I stared at her with my eyes wide open. She looked shocked and mumbled "Oh my God!" with her hands on her chest.

Well, to be fair, nobody was at fault here. Rusty didn't go too near her, she just didn't expect to see a dog so close behind. That must have jolted her out of her sleepiness.

I decided to apologise anyway. After walking ahead, I turned back to say sorry but I think she was too traumatised to notice.

True enough, it started raining when we got home. By the time we left the house, it was raining cats and dogs. There were reports of accidents and traffic jams on all the major highways. It is on wet mornings like this when I'm so thankful I no longer have to drive across the island to get to school and to work.

4 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

oh my, maybe she screamed because Rusty was too cute, for words? kekekeke..... =P

glad tat u both are ok and lets hope the girl won't get nightmares tonight.

oh i super duper miss Wonder Rusty. =(

Petunia Lee said...

Poor Rusty!!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ha, that's funny.
Actually I shouldn't laugh so hard... who knows, maybe she was beaten by a dog before or something.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

oh, Wonder Rusty, even your roar is mighty cuuuuute to meeeeee. *melt* *melt*

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...